Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello from Colville, WA











[Our "tent site" at the fairgrounds in Republic - just in case it rained]
[Ben and the Gun Show at Sherman Pass]
[Joe sans guns at Sherman Pass]
[Kevin enjoying the view of Roosevelt Lake (on the Columbia River, think Lake Pepin)]
The exciting achievement of today was that we made it over the last really big mountain in Washington. We began our ascent of Sherman Pass (5775 ft) right away this morning. It was a good 3 hour climb, but once again the descent from the top was spectacular. We crossed the Columbia River into the town of Kettle Falls and then continued on to the county fairgrounds in Colville, WA. I am happy to report the camping here is great and the FREE hot showers were much enjoyed. (I had showered in what seemed to be meltwater direct from the White Witch's palace the past two days. I'm not joking, numb fingers, toes, ears, and face. By the time I was done I had nearly turned into an ice sculpture.) We are looking forward to the flat terrain that we are approaching, although Montana still awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment